Sunday, March 29, 2009

Keep low!

   I am reading Magic Tree House Civil War on Sunday by Mary Pope Osborne. 
I think that in this chapter Clara Barton gets shot  by a musket and injured and that Jack and Annie help her back to camp.  I wonder if her wagon was damaged by a shell from a cannon? Do the horses drawing the wagon get spooked and run off? 

     When I was done reading I had some questions.
Was the gun used was an accurate rifle or an older type smooth musket?
I think it was a modern rifle since no one noticed any soldiers nearby so the shot came from far away. 
Was the wagon Clara was driving strong or weak?
I think it was strong since it had to go through battlefields. 

     When I first saw the word "wounded" I had trouble pronouncing it.

 



1 comment:

  1. Neil,

    I am wondering why you made the prediction about Clara getting shot. What made you think that? I am also wondering what made you ask the question about the rifles and how you inferred which one was used. I want to see the thinking behind your thinking! :)

    Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete