Sunday, May 10, 2009

THE RESCUE

I am reading Star Wars by James Kahn. I predict that in this chapter R2-D2 and C-3PO are stuck inside  Jabba's  palace and have to be rescued . I know some of my prediction is correct because in this chapter  a bounty hunter brings Chewbacca to Jabba as a prisoner to collect the bounty. When the bounty hunter is talking to Jabba C-3PO is standing next to Jabba translating. I know that C-3PO would not voluntarily work for Jabba. R2-D2 is not in the room and is almost always with C-3PO. 
When I was done reading I had an answer to my earlier question about C-3PO's emotions. In the chapter is says C-3PO is startled when Jabba yells at him.  One question I had is how does Jabba's trap door work? In this chapter before the bounty hunter gets there it says Jabba pressed a button which slid his platform back revealing a trap door which drops victims to a vicious monster. A word I had trouble with is squarely.  I looked it up and it means directly. 

2 comments:

  1. Neil,

    What did you find out about C-3PO's emotions? You told me that he got startled, but what does that tell you?

    Ms. Welker

    ReplyDelete
  2. C-3PO has has emotions because he is startled which is like fear. As a droid having emotions is strange it makes him kind of alive.

    ReplyDelete